The705 Young Leaders for a Better Acadiana (aka "the705") has established this Member Code of Conduct to govern the conduct of all members of the organization.
The comportment of Members during meetings and at social events is a reflection on the705 and its affiliated partners.
This policy is enacted to establish a high standard of professionalism and ethics associated with the705 and to ensure an environment of professional behavior by members at the705 functions.
This Member Code of Conduct applies to all members of the705 (collectively referred to herein as “members”).
Members are obligated to govern their conduct by principles of honesty, justice, fair play, and in every way possible to promote and safeguard the professional image and best interests of the705 and its membership during meetings, all related social gatherings, and events in context that is affiliated with the705.
Behavior that is expected and encouraged includes:
- Maintain an attitude of professionalism.
- Dress appropriately for the event.
- Conduct yourself with decorum and appropriate restraint.
Behavior that is a violation of this Code of Conduct includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Engaging in, encouraging, or condoning profane language or obscene gestures.
- Engaging in any behavior that is illegal, dangerous, harmful, may offend others, or reflect negatively on the705 .
- Excessive use of alcohol.
- Use of any illegal substances.